14 december 2005

Luc Tuymans


"There is a sort of indifference in my paintings wich makes them more violent, because any objects in them are as if erased, cancelled. I am not a material painter, I mean I don't use a lot of paint. Most of my paintings are not painted on a stretcher. They are painted on a piece of canvas or on a piece of board. When the image is finished I just paint a white ribbon around it to focus it. It gives me the chance to alter the size of the image. None of my paintings are the same size, Every painting differs, even if only by a millimetre. When the painting is framedit evens itself out. The visibility drops and a kind of gloominess appears on the painting, a sort of second skin. That gives people the impression that the paintings are similar"
Luc Tuymans in een gesprek met Juan Vicente Aliaga (uit: Luc Tuymans, Phaidon Press).
> Luc Tuymans in R.A.M.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten