12 juni 2013

Philippe De Gobert: The Studio's




Studio 1.


Studio 2.




Studio 3.




Studio 4.






Studio 8.


Studio 9.


Studio 10.

"These big size photographs are taken inside the models, usually in B&W. Their titles are always 'Studio...' followed by a number, thet of the corresponding model.
....
About my approach

Genetically programmed to be a painter, I chose photography at a very early age as a way to survive: it was a profession closest to my preoccupations.

The work of Kurt Schwitters made me abandon gouache painting to start assembling diverse materials and objects. Discovering the 3rd dimension, I became a sculptor for a time, before starting to reconstruct on a small scale my favourite universe: the artists’ rooms.
These mock-ups became the models, in a pictorial sense, for my photographs, and since then I have built them for that purpose.
The polymorphic aspect of my approach has served as guide for the architecture of this website." (bron en foto's: Philippe De Gobert)

Modellen en meer foto's zijn te zien op zijn website (hk).

> Philippe De Gobert

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten