28 september 2017

Grayson Perry #8







“The building was originally used as a watch factory, and you can still see signs of the belt-driven machinery. The next company here made decorative plaster moulding for theatres, and it was finally a small metal workshop. After that, it was used as a film set. With pale green, flaking paint, it was perfect for period drama murder scenes…”



“For the tapestries, I start with a full-scale drawing and then use this to design them. I work with a production company called Factum Arte, who sent their Photoshop expert here for two days to give me a crash course. What’s brilliant about it is that everything is contingent. Unlike real things, you can always go back to the beginning and start again.”



“These terracotta stamps on the second shelf down are used for logos and other repeat images on my pottery. One of the first I made was a stamp of a hell’s angel. I’ve got thousands of them now.”




Grayson Perry in his new Islington Studio. (bron: Royal Academy of Arts, foto's: Eamonn McCabe)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten